TA Hydronic College Seminars
Every day, design engineers, contractors and building services engineers face challenges and increased complexity in system design, installation and commissioning, not to mention changing regulations. At the TA Hydronic College, Tour & Andersson’s own hydronic balancing institution, it is our mission to provide engineers with tailored courses about practical aspects of hydronic system design, application, installation, balancing and commissioning.
The Three Hydronic ConditionsThis popular seminar presents a detailed overview of the theory and practical application of hydronic systems design and balancing. The seminar covers:
- Key Condition 1: Design Flow Availability
- Sources of Imbalance
- The Costs of Discomfort
- Key Condition 2: Differential Pressure Variations
- Control Loops and Control Valve Authority
- Key Condition 3: Compatibility Between Flows
- Obtaining Correct Room Temperature at Optimized Energy Costs
- Solutions and False Solutions
Investment and Energy Saving Opportunities in Variable Flow SystemsIn this seminar variable flow techniques will be discussed which can provide you with energy savings and/or reduced installation costs. Seminar discussions include:
- Production Units
- Terminal Units
- Variable Speed Pumps (VSPs)
- Primary-Secondary vs. Variable Primary Flow
- The hydronic design differences of these systems will be discussed and compared. We will analyze critical issues such as hydronic interactivity between chillers and sizing of the bypass line and control valve.
Additional hydronic schools available in other locations:At this time, only the “Three Hydronic Conditions” and “Investment and Energy Saving Opportunities” seminars are available in the US. Should your travels allow, we welcome you to attend any of our seminars presented anywhere in the world. Visit TA’s International Web site at www.tourandersson.com, and select the country to see dates and locations for any of our seminars. Seminars are tailored per market, so there may be some differences in content.
- Mastering Variable Flow Systems
This seminar will give you an in-depth understanding of the technical solutions for designing and commissioning variable flow systems in order to achieve a comfortable constant room temperature, while minimizing energy consumption.
- Balancing Hydronic Systems
Interference between circuits, uneven flow distribution or incompatibility at interfaces are some of the common reasons for low energy efficiency in systems. This seminar will present key tools for efficient hydronic balancing and indoor climate control.
- Balancing and Control of Small Terminal Units
This seminar will introduce you to solutions for balancing and control of small terminal units. It presents different control modes and related solutions in order to optimize the controllability of the hydronic system.
Benefits of Attending:
- Technical presentations and professional networking
- Q&A session with experienced instructors
- Attendees receive certificate of attendance, and the book Total Hydronic Balancing by Robert Petitjean (a $100 value)
- Refreshments and lunch or dinner